5 Benefits of Drizoro Maxrest Passive for Corrosion Protection for Rebar
5 Benefits of Drizoro Maxrest Passive rebar corrosion protection
- Excellent adhesion on metal substrates for rebar corrosion protection.
- It even adheres to steel which has been sandblasted to white metal. Or over only partially rusted surfaces.
- Water-based liquid, solvent-free and non-flammable.
- One-component product, easy and ready to use.
- Rapid drying allows a fast repair job.
Drizoro Maxrest®Passive is a one-component liquid product, ready to use as an oxide converter and corrosion protection for reo / re-enforcing bars and other steel and iron surfaces against corrosion.
Once applied Drizoro Maxrest®Passive neutralizes the corrosion process, reacting quickly with the rust and transforms iron oxide into a stable passive layer giving full protection against corrosion, salts, acid and alkali attack.
Applications of Drizoro Maxrest Passive include
- Oxide converter and corrosion protection reo / re-enforcing bars in structural concrete repair exposed to aggressive conditions such as in coastal areas, industrial environments, etc.
- Anti-corrosion protection against the attack from strong chemical agents such as diluted alkali and acid solutions.
- Adhesion promoter on metal surfaces for subsequent coating systems.
The duplex corrosion coating systems ensure the longevity for iron and steel assets, at the same times duplex corrosion coating systems means that there will be an extended maintenance cycle. This corrosion coating system works on the premise that TWO corrosion protection methods are better than one. That’s the theory behind duplex protective coating systems.
Drizoro Construction Products and increase the corrosion protection of rebar when repairing cracked or spalling concrete. Firstly the removal of crusty rust then apply the Drizoro Maxrest Passive which converts any residual rust into a stable passive layer giving full protection against corrosion, salts, acid and alkali attack (don’t forget the rest of the 5 Benefits of Drizoro Maxrest Passive above).
Next chose one of our quick-setting mortars Drizoro Maxrest or Drizoro Maxrite 700 for your Concrete Repair? Both quick-setting mortars can be used without formwork and are highly alkaline. This helps restore the natural alkalinity of concrete reducing/preventing the rusting of the steel.
The Maxrite 700 is waterproof which means it protects the substrate from carbonation, Maxrite also contains a corrosion inhibitor and is highly alkaline further enhancing the level of the protection of the steel.
Usually, a further layer of protection is added by simply painting (sacrificial water-resistant coating) or use of one of the Drizoro Maxseal Family of cementitious membranes to totally waterproof the concrete repair.
In conclusion, you can see, given the 5 benefits of Drizoro Maxrest Passive, just how much more effective the Drizoro systems can be when compared with the usual duplex corrosion coating systems in your steel rebar corrosion protection.