Concrete Repair Mortars
Concrete structures deteriorate for many reasons. For example; structural damage, water infiltration, corrosion salt and much more. Research practical experience has enabled Drizoro to develop a comprehensive mortar solution. Drizoro mortars are used to repair, restore and rehabilitate concrete structures.
Cementitious repair mortars should be:
- Easy to use
- Cost-effective and increase the longevity of the building.
- Form-work free
- Bond to strongly to the substrate
- Smooth finishing
- NO primer required
- Reduce ongoing maintenance costs
Cementitious Repair Applications
The most common application for repair mortars is the repair of spalling caused by reinforcement corrosion in concrete structures with chloride ingress. This is a major industry with large repair contracts in progress worldwide. Proprietary products containing cement, cement replacements, and plasticisers, and shrinkage compensating admixtures are supplied preblended.
Some Drizoro Quick Setting Cements
Drizoro Maxrite repair by spray method
Deterioration of concrete structures can happen for many reasons such as corrosion, structural damage, water infiltration etc.
- Incorrect steel reinforcement placement, size, or depth in the concrete will cause problems from the start.
- Poor curing of the slab resulting in a weaker slab or formation of cracks due to extra movement or shrinkage.
- Adverse exposure to aggressive environments without protection.
- High exposure to water – daily washing
- Unexpected loads and excessive movement of walls & slabs
Reference Science Direct